I love salted caramel, and it’s easy enough to make yourself, but you can buy a jar from the supermarket and use it as a base to make this incredible ice cream. Five minutes effort, three ingredients a few hours in the freezer and you have an utterly addictive treat.
- 1 x 600ml tub of thickened cream
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 x 400gm jar salted caramel
- Tip the cream , sweetened condensed milk and half the caramel into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with the whisk attachment on high until very thick and stiff (like whipped cream).
- Spoon the rest of the caramel into the mixture and swirl in gently with a spoon (it doesn’t need to be entirely combined, the globs in the mix will be delicious once frozen).
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or until mixture is hard enough to scoop.