This easy 2 ingredient raspberry compote can be used in so many ways.
Stir through yoghurt for breakfast, dollop on ice-cream for dessert, spoon over a pavlova, spread on toast or pancakes, or use to fill a sponge cake with whipped cream. Try swirling some through softened vanilla ice-cream and re-freeze for a Berrylicious treat.
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place 2 cups of raspberries and the sugar into a medium saucepan. Heat, stirring every now and then until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thick, syrupy and the raspberries have broken down.
- Add the remaining raspberries and the lemon juice, stir to combine and cook for two more minutes. You still want some chunky raspberries for texture.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Store refrigerated in a sealed container.
- Makes approx. 1 ½ cups
- Note: This produces a pulpy sauce with texture and some whole raspberries. if you want a smoother sauce – add all the raspberries at once, cook, then strain the seeds out.