Take advantage of the beautiful seasonal fruit this summer and use them to make delicious desserts. I love roasting fruit as it brings out their natural sweetness, and peaches are my absolute favourite.
All you need is a scoop of ice-cream for a summertime treat. This is a great make – ahead meal for a family gathering. Just increase the quantities.
- 4 peaches, halved, stones removed
- 50g butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp honey, plus extra for serving
- 50g flaked almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place your halved peaches on top in a single layer, cut side up.
- Place a cube of butter into the cavity of each peach half and drizzle with a little honey.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until peaches are starting to turn golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Place your almonds into a dry non-stick pan and cook over medium – high heat, stirring often, until fragrant and starting to turn golden. Be careful as these can burn quickly. Remove and set aside.
- Serve peaches drizzled with a little more honey, a scattering of toasted almonds and a scoop of your favourite icecream.