It’s fried, its full of gooey chocolate and sweet mashed bananas.
This is a seriously wicked sandwich but oh so good. This is not everyday food, but we all need a little indulgence every now and then. Make sure you have plenty of napkins, this is gooey and messy.
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbspn butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, if you want an extra hit of sweetness
- Spread the mashed banana onto one slice of bread. Spread the Nutella onto the other. Sandwich together.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla in a shallow dish. Carefully place the sandwich into the egg mixture, flip once allowing each side to soak for 30 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a frypan over medium heat. Carefully lift the sandwich out of the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place the sandwich in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side, turn carefully and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side, or until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the pan, drain on paper towel then allow to cool for 1 minute. Then cut diagonally and serve dusted with icing sugar if you like.