Serving a beautiful plate of vegetables with your meal is really important to ensuring health and vitality.
I find that a few dishes of different healthy options on the table alongside the meat or pasta dish encourages smaller serves of the heavy stuff. Always looking for inventive ways to make veggies the star of the show, I’ve combined roast vegetables with fresh salad leaves to add intense roasted flavour while still retaining that feeling of eating something light. A really delicious and easy side dish for anything from chicken to lamb to steak.
- 1 medium zucchini, washed, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 – 4 tblspns olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees fan forced).
- Line a large baking tray and add the zucchini, onion and capsicum. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Cook for 15 minutes, turning every now and then, until vegetables soften.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper, oregano and a little more olive oil. Toss again and return to the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to collapse.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly. Toss in baby spinach leaves and serve.