A real favourite in my house, these muffins are heady with orange flavour and sweet with moreish dates.
They stay moist for a couple of days and freeze really well. Brush the tops with a little melted butter and dust with cinnamon sugar for a special touch.
- 1 whole orange
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 110gm butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tspn bicarb soda
- 1 tspn baking powder
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Wash the orange and dry. Cut into quarters and put in a food processor with the milk, egg , butter and honey. Pulse for 3 minutes or until smooth and liquid.
- Add the flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, salt and dates. Fold through until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cases. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until cooked.