I love fast pasta recipes. Quicker than calling for takeaway, this dish can be made in 15 minutes. Using a luxury ingredient like smoked salmon may seem expensive. But in this dish, a little goes a long way. Including Omega 3 in your diet is vital to good health, and this is a super easy way to look after your body and satisfy your tummy – Italian style!
Grill your own capsicum if you like, but if you’re after fast and easy, go for a jar. This dish is wonderfully creamy and sweet. The capers give it the little salty kick it needs to keep everything balanced.
- 400gm packet spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 200gm store bought roasted red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 40 gm parmesan cheese, grated
- 200gm smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive in a large frypan over medium heat. add the garlic and saute for a minute, or until slightly golden. Add the cream, capsicums and capers. Cook for another minute, or until cream is simmering.
- Add the cooked pasta to the frypan and quickly toss it through the sauce to coat.
- Remove from the heat, add the parmesan cheese, smoked salmon, chopped parsley and a little salt and pepper. Toss to combine.