This is my all time favourite Biscotti recipe. They really are easy to make, and the addition of pistachios and cranberries make them look really festive. You can change this recipe to suit your tastes, add any combination of dried fruit or nuts, just keep the quantities the same.
The reason I love Biscotti so much is that they last for ages. Well, they should, but in my house they don’t last very long!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 100g pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180c (160c fan forced).
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the vanilla, eggs and spices. Mix to combine.
- Add the pistachios and cranberries. Mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be stiff and dry.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper onto a flat baking tray. Form the biscotti mixture into two logs (use floured hand to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 150c (130 fan forced).
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm pieces. Place back onto the oven tray upright, and bake for a further 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely and then store in an airtight container