You’ve most likely heard that Kale is a superfood. Packed with nutrients, it is incredibly good for you, full of antioxidants and low in calories. Human nature tells us that foods that are that good for you don’t taste as good as their junk food counterparts. This recipe will change your mind. These salty, crispy Kale chips are seriously addictive, and a fantastic way to get that good green veg into you. You can simply cook them with a little salt, but I think the addition of a squeeze of lemon and some grated Parmesan takes them to another level
- 1 bunch curly Kale
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- 1 tspn salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tblspn freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to low heat - 150 degrees.
- Remove stems from Kale and wash the leaves. Dry thoroughly.
- Place kale into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a lined (you may need two) oven tray. Place in the oven and cook for 20 - 25 minutes, or until crisp but not brown.
- Remove from oven, add salt, squeeze lemon juice over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Toss carefully to combine. Serve.