This may sound whacky but please trust me, this is an amazing way to eat strawberries. The balsamic vinegar intensifies the sweetness of the strawberries and the black pepper just takes this to another level. This is a quick and easy dessert to make and is the perfect accompaniment to good vanilla ice cream.
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 3 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tblsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut in halves.
- Place strawberries in a bowl with the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Add the cracked pepper and serve in bowls with vanilla ice-cream.