Not for the faint hearted, this is pure indulgence. If you’re after a ‘wow’ dish to serve next time you have friends over, this is it. All it needs is crusty bread and a promise that you’ll go for a big long walk tomorrow! I like my food spicy, but if you’re not a chilli fan just leave it out.
- I round of Brie
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, roughly torn
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ small red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 fan forced).
- Using a sharp knife, make small shallow incisions into the Brie. Gently stuff each cavity with a little thyme, garlic and chilli. If you have any herbs leftover just sprinkle them over the top.
- Wrap the Brie in a large piece of baking paper, tucking ends in like a little present. Place on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. To serve, open the baking paper package and allow everyone to dunk in their bread, crackers or whatever you feel like scooping up this unctuous goodness in. Apply to face and sigh.